Thursday, December 30, 2010

the gingerbread party 2010






For the past three, maybe even four years, I have hosted a little gingerbread house decorating party for the kids. It started originally as a way to get the neighborhood kids together and have a party "just for them" around the holidays. I just fell in love with the way it all turned out, so I have continued it on, year after year. It is a great way for me to really get "in the spirit!"

*Sorry for the late post on this!*

Anyway.... I usually keep it to a very small group of children since decorating gingerbread with candy and colored icing could get a bit out of control quickly! This year, as in the past, I was so fortunate to have a great group of little ones over! They seemed to enjoy the gingerbread decorating and were very proud of their "masterpieces" once it was all said and done! And, I have to say, my favorite part this year was that we asked everyone to come in their pjs since we had a Friday night party this year! So cute!!!

I am already looking forward to next year's party. PS... I think I will use this blog post as inspiration for next year!!!! Isn't it gorgeous!!???

No comments: