Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's day treats underway...



I do enjoy Valentine's day. It is such a "sweet" little holiday. I love the anticipation of the kids exchanging Valentines with their school friends, making sweet treats for everyone, and the fact that it gives me an excuse to use the color pink in our house for a couple of weeks! With three boys, I never get that!


So, this year for the kids valentines exchange at school we made the "candy cane lollipops" that have been featured on a couple of blogs this year. It was really simple and turned out really cute! I was afraid Cameron would think it was too "girly" or juvenile, but he really liked them and said the kids at school did too! (If you have not seen how to make these and want to know, let me know!)
For the teachers, neighbors, and a few friends, I ordered these craft boxes and made treats of either white chocolate covered Oreos or cupcakes to go inside. Then, I tied them with ribbon and attached the tags with those mini mini clothespins. I thought they also turned out super cute!

No comments: